[Borgbackup] Is it possible to encrypt and existing unencrypted borg repository?

Advrk Aplmrkt avkaplmkt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 15:03:18 EDT 2020

Hello,

I have an old borg repository (last used with version 1.1.10) that
doesn't have encryption. I would like to keep the archives in this
repository, but I'd prefer to "upgrade" the repository so that is uses
encryption. Can this be done? If so, how? If not, is there anyway to
migrate the data in this repository to a new one that has encryption?

>From what I can tell, encryption is applied at the very beginning when
using the `borg init` command. But is there a way around this? Sorry
if I missed something obvious in the documentation, if so please
correct me. Thank you very much.