[Borgbackup] borgbackup, ZFS, and compression

Sascha Ternes imperator at jedimail.de
Sun Mar 15 12:14:08 EDT 2020

Hi Tamas,

in ZFS I always enable compression for better performance of the file
system.

In BorgBackup I would enable compression always, too - for the same
reason. If you create your backups from regular directories and files,
ZFS decompresses them transparently, then Borg puts them in the archive,
so you will always want to enable compression. Always use lz4 for
highest compression speed.

Sascha