[Borgbackup] Two Users, 1 repository

archont archont at gmx.com
Mon Nov 25 12:49:43 EST 2019

November 25, 2019 4:44 PM, "Bzzzz" <lazyvirus at gmx.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 09:24:26 -0600
>
> In fact, I don't think that deduplication would bring you anything
> interesting in terms of taken place on the HD as far as you just have
> two machines to backup (and note that because of the exclusive lock, you
> won't be able to backup them simultaneously.)

IMHO he can put the cache + config directly on the same drive as the backup.
Also, this supposedly is an _external_ drive (USB?), so repository lock won't be an issue.

What I would see as a bigger issue is inconvenience - having to attach the drive before backup. But if they are used to it, why not.

BR
ArchOnt