[Borgbackup] Prune and backup failure

Bzzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Mon Oct 28 13:04:38 EDT 2019

On Mon, 28 Oct 2019 17:20:50 +0100
Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj at urpla.net> wrote:

Hi Hans

> For the record, I saw this type of issues with flaky raid-1 setups: it
> effectively switches back and forth between the two disks with *all*
> kinds of adverse effects, such as vanishing files and directories...

Nope, of course raid-1 and both disks were my first suspects but I found
nothing in log files suggesting any raid failure or strange things
involving one or both HDz, I also never lost a file or a directory.

> Check /proc/mdstat, setup mdadm mail option and check filesystems for
> other inconsistencies.

There's a script doing this that sends an e-mail in case of problem
but it was never activated.

RAM is also ok, so my latter suspect is the power supply.
I first dismissed it because it was no as old as the machine, but I
already saw that in SOHO machines like this one (mostly because
capacitors are never oversized compared to pro PSUs.)

Thanks anyway,

JY