[Borgbackup] extract restores deleted files

Michael Staggs tausciam at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 22:57:33 EDT 2019

Here's the gist of what happened:

I had backups for a few weeks. I got a new m.2 card and made a new backup right then.
Then, I unplugged my old m.2 card and plugged in the new one. I put a base system on it
and installed borg. I did a borg extract of the backup I had just made.

Files that I had deleted days ago showed back up on my computer. Files I had moved to
other locations showed up in their original locations. But, new files I had added since the
backup before last also showed up.

Any idea what went wrong? I typed the command to extract the archive I had just made.

Thanks

--
Sent from KMail[1] for Solus Linux[2] [Plasma Desktop]

--------
[1] https://kde.org/applications/office/org.kde.kmail2
[2] https://getsol.us/home/