[Borgbackup] Is it possible to show missing files?

Panayotis Katsaloulis panayotis at panayotis.com
Tue Sep 24 13:21:50 EDT 2019

Hello

I am successfully using Borg backup in my every-day routine.
In order for me to feel safe, I am using the —list option, so that I’d know if a new file will be added or changed.

What I am wishing for is a similar option of missing files, so that I’d know that (compared with the last backup) my new backup is missing some files.
This is crucial for me and the way to solve it is, after backup, to restore to a demo place with borg mount & rsync, so that I’d see what is really happening.
But I wish there would be a better way than this.

Any hints on how to be able to monitor the missing files?