[Borgbackup] Permission denied- Problem accessing files from mounted archive

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Tue Jun 25 05:55:10 EDT 2019

(Replying late to an older post as I've noted there was no reply.)

On 5/30/19 10:41 PM, Dudman8 wrote:
> I've mounted an archive, but can't cat files with permissions  like
>
> -rw-r----- 1 root root 449 Jan 16 10:23 media.mount (ug+r)
>
> However the following I can ( ugo+r )
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 330 Jan  3 18:54 zmencfs.service
>
> I tried "sudo cat media.mount" or mounting the archive as root and
> directly catting the file, but still get permision denied. Obviously
> its read-only so I can't change the file permision.
>
> Am I missing something obvious :) ?

FUSE is a bit special about permissions...

Read "man mount.fuse" about FUSE configuration options, esp. about
allow_other and allow_root (and related).

There was also a recent change in borg 1.1.x (see changelog) about FUSE
permission handling.

--

GPG ID: 9F88FB52FAF7B393
GPG FP: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747 B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393