[Borgbackup] What to do if borg check fails due to Input/Output Error 5?

Sascha Ternes imperator at jedimail.de
Sun Feb 24 03:47:34 EST 2019

>>> I use BorgBackup with repository on davfs for quite a while now. After
>>> several month of having no problems I now get an error (OSError 5 /
>>> Input/output error) with one of the data chunk files when doing a "borg
>>> check" (see log below).
>
> Try to find out why.
>
>>>   File "borg/repository.py", line 1340, in iter_objects
>>>   File "borg/repository.py", line 1297, in get_fd
>>> OSError: [Errno 5] Input/output error: '/srv/borg/data/0/103'
>
> So, what's up with that file?

That file was perfectly fine when I manually downloaded it. SO I've done
some experiments with davfs debugging and increased davfs cache and got
this OSError with other data files too. Increasing the cache did help.

So this is again a davfs issue, caused by "borg check" only when davfs
cache is too small.