[Borgbackup] borg verbose leaves visual garbage on screen

Panayotis Katsaloulis panayotis at panayotis.com
Sat Feb 16 15:50:00 EST 2019

On 16 Feb 2019, 20:12 +0200, Thomas Waldmann <tw at waldmann-edv.de>, wrote:
> > # borg create -v --progress --list ...
>
> --progress and --list are not intended to be used together.

Indeed, if only one of these is used, then there’s no visual conflict.
But, for my eyes, both are vital information fo how well a backup is running.
I don’t even understand why irrelevant files should be displayed there, since only changed files are visible.
And why it should be a conflict.

Sorry for asking this, but I really love this software and, even if this behaviour is “not as intended”, maybe it should be though over again?

> > --compression lzma,9
>
> Everything > 6 is pointless.
>
> Also, check zstd, it is a more modern algorithm with a wide scale from
> very fast to high compression.

Since my backup is already old, do I just change the command line switch, or should I do something more?