[Borgbackup] Separating repos

Ed Blackman ed at edgewood.to
Mon Feb 4 20:08:05 EST 2019

On Mon, Feb 04, 2019 at 06:11:07PM -0500, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> what I did when faced with similar problem was to start new repository
> from scratch and leave the old repository untouched except for scheduled
> purges.

I thought about that, but the problem is that the "keep" purges won't
purge anything if you're not adding anything.  The last X
daily/weekly/monthly backups keep being the last X if you're not adding
any new ones.  I did think about adding a flag (--keep-absolute-time ??
naming is hard) that would change the sense of --keep-daily etc such
that --keep-absolute-time --keep-daily 7 would purge any daily backups
older than 7 days from "now" even if that would leave less than 7.

But I haven't done any investigation deeper than thinking about what to
name the flag <grin>

Did you hardcode purges somehow?

--
Ed Blackman