[Borgbackup] 'Multiple repos with the same ID' error

ypm.tmp ypm.tmp at protonmail.com
Mon Dec 31 12:22:50 EST 2018

[Note that English is not my native language, please excuse any typing errors
and awful phrasing]

Hi beautiful people!

My name is ypm I've been using borg for some months now and I love how all the
features it has makes it my ideal backup solution so far: incremental,
compressed and encrypted backups <3

Last week I've been having issues with it with my normal workflow. I would do
the same thing and it would backup normally, but next time I would connect the
drive, it would return the following error, with my usual 'borg create'
command, as well as with 'borg list':

    Cache, or information obtained from the security directory is newer
    than repository - this is either an attack or unsafe
    (multiple repos with same ID)

Rendering the backup pretty much unusable, so I can't access my data even if I
have my passwords, and I don't know what should my next course of action should
be in order to both access my data and prevent this error from happening in the
future. I'm familiar with some borg commands and performing simple tasks, but
not with every single one of them. I can provide more details if any is needed.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

Regards,
ypm

Details