[Borgbackup] the logic of deduplication

ohnonot-github at posteo.de ohnonot-github at posteo.de
Sun Jun 17 05:33:21 EDT 2018

Hello,

I have succesfully been using borgbackup for almost a year; every week
it creates (incremental,deduplicating - synonyms?) backups of my partitions.

Judging from the sizes of the combined backups, the deduplication seems
to be working well, i.e. after an initial full backup (large) it doesn't
much grow in size.

Nevertheless, I would like to remove older backups. If nothing else, the
integrity checks seem to be taking more and more time.

Is this possible at all? without destroying the
incremental/deduplication functionality?

greetings,

o.