[Borgbackup] Determine which files greatly increased backup size

Marcin Zajączkowski mszpak at wp.pl
Mon Apr 2 20:12:33 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm evaluating Borg Backup as a potential replacement of rdiff-backup. I
really like its reduplication and compression, however having a daily
backup of my Firefox profiles (around 300MB) rdiff-backup has an
increment of ~35MB, while with Borg it is ~65MB. As it is a daily backup
it give around 10GB more space allocated per year.

Sure, with proper data retention it would be less, but I would like to
investigate it and maybe play with the bucket size (or exclude some
wonky files from a backup).

Is it possible to get detailed information at the end of a backup
creation how much given file increased a backup (archive) size?

Marcin