[Borgbackup] How to implement borg in a GUI?

Andreas Zweili andreas at 2li.ch
Sun Mar 11 06:42:29 EDT 2018

Hello Everyone,

To get my diploma I have to do a bigger project. I've decided that I
would like to start developing a GUI for borg. It should provide normal
users with an interface to use borg. It's not really difficult to use
borg. However I still think that they would benefit quite a lot from
having a GUI to guide them. The main language I'm going to code in will
be Python.

One question which I couldn't figure out so far is how I should
implement the borg functions.

Should I clone the repository and try to implement borg as a sub module
in the GUI? Means work directly with the source.

Or

Should I install the binary and just implement the binary in my GUI to
provide the functionality I would like to support in the GUI?

Best Regards and thanks a ton for borg :).

Andreas Zweili