[Borgbackup] Borgend - "dreamtime" scheduler and macOS tray icon

Tuomo Valkonen tuomov at iki.fi
Thu Feb 1 13:03:19 EST 2018

Hi Stefan,

> On 1 Feb 2018, at 10:02, Stefan Buehler <stefan at sbuehler.de> wrote:
>
> Something that needed quite a bit of puzzling is that I want to backup all users, so borg has to run as root. Is that possible with Borgend?

It should be possible to run it as a root, however without the tray icon (--no-tray option). So you would only be able to monitor what is happening from the log. It is on the todo-list to separate the tray icon from the main scheduler into a separate application, and also this way be able to provide a command line interface to the scheduler. However, the priority right now is to get the basics working reliably.

Tuomo