[Borgbackup] Providing passphrase on the command line (Terminal)

Howard Mann howardm at xmission.com
Sun Jan 28 21:51:06 EST 2018

Hi,

I’m a new (non-techie) Borg user. I’ve successfully created a repository— with passphrase-aasociated encryption. I use Mac OS.

For each individual command I now issue in Terminal, such as “borg list…” I have to enter the requested passphrase.

Is there a way I can avoid (or minimize) this requirement.

I know about the use of “export BORG_PASSPHRASE=‘superawesomepassphrase’” in a script, which I’ve created and used successfully.

Thanks!

Howard