[Borgbackup] Possible to include sub folder of excluded folder?

Mats Lidell mats.lidell at cag.se
Sat Jan 6 11:30:55 EST 2018

> Thomas Waldmann writes:
> What you can also try (if using borg 1.1.x) is the "patterns"
> include/exclude mechanism, which officially considers the case that
> there can be something included inside some excluded directory.

I tried it by using the --pattern option just before the old exclude line like this.

   [...]
   --pattern '+ pp:/some/folder/to/exclude/but/backup/this/subfolder'
   --exclude '/some/folder/to/exclude'
    ::...
   [...]

That sort of worked except that it did only list/backup new files, ie files recently added to the subfolder, which surprised me. I have not verified this but it looked like new files since I made the first backup a few days ago. I was expecting a backup of all the files in the subfolder since that had not been backuped before.

Do I need to do a "recreate" with the new set of options to get all files from subfolder backuped?

Is this the expected behavior when changing include/exclude to a backup?

Yours
--
%% Mats