[Borgbackup] Repo sync efficiency

Lord Voldemort voldemort.misc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 20:12:27 EDT 2017

Hello,

I've tried to sync my borg repo to cloud storage after each time I
create a borg archive. But my observation is that even with a small
change on destination borg repo still changes alot in term of number of
files changed (under data/ folder) not total size of repo and in result
I need a large transmitted data. This is a example:

- Borg output:

                  Original size      Compressed size    Deduplicated size
This archive:          3.24 MB              1.89 MB             70.14 kB
All archives:         17.77 MB             13.31 MB              9.96 MB

                  Unique chunks         Total chunks
Chunk index:              1548                 2022

- 'rclone sync' (to sync my borg repo and google drive) output:

Transferred:   9.721 MBytes (564.116 kBytes/s)
Transferred:            6

Is there anything I can do about it?