[Borgbackup] How to recover from incorrect index file length error?

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Tue Sep 12 07:52:41 EDT 2017

On 09/12/2017 11:52 AM, Andrew Griffiths wrote:
> My repo volume ran out of space last night,

You should try to avoid that (see docs).

> and now Borg reports an invalid index file length.

You should make quite some space free otherwise, delete index.144258 and
hints.144258 and then run borg check --repair (it will rebuild the index
and that will take a while).

borg always needs some free space to be able to work - even to delete
archives. some commands have a --save-space option that makes them
slower, but less space-consuming.

borg 1.1 will have some new code that tries to deal better with (close
to) out-of-space conditions.

--

GPG ID: 9F88FB52FAF7B393
GPG FP: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747 B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393