[Borgbackup] Cannot exclude directories

Maurice Libes maurice.libes at osupytheas.fr
Tue Aug 22 04:27:17 EDT 2017

Le 22/08/2017 à 01:12, Nick Gilmour a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I cannot exclude any directories with the option
> **--exclude-from** which I have defined in a text file. The
> directories in the text file are like this:
> "/home/*/.cache"
> "*/.Trash-*"
>
> I have tried some variations of this. E.g.:
> /.cache
> /.cache/
> .cache
> .cache/*
>
> but Borg keeps creating backups of these directories. Also the option
> **--exclude-caches** didn't help in the case of .cache. The command I
> run is of this form:
>
> **borg create -spv --exclude-caches --exclude-from exclude-file.txt
> myrepo::mybackup mysource**
>
> borg version: 1.0.7
> System: Ubuntu 16.04.1 based
>
> What am I doing wrong?

don't know what you're doing wrong but it works for me with /*--exclude
'/home/*/.cache' \*/
maybe a syntax problem?

borg -V
$ borg 1.0.7

* on the mounted backup
ll /mnt/provigo-borg/home/libes/.cache
ls: impossible d'accéder à '/mnt/provigo-borg/home/libes/.cache': Aucun
fichier ou dossier de ce type

* on my disk
  ll ~libes/.cache/ -d
drwxr-xr-x 18 libes libes 4096 juin   7 12:32 /home/libes/.cache//

here is my syntax, with the absolute path

$BORG create \
      -v --stats \
      $COMPRESSION \
      $BORG_ARCHIVE \