[Borgbackup] Record logs

Maurice Libes maurice.libes at osupytheas.fr
Thu Jul 13 08:39:30 EDT 2017

Le 13/07/2017 à 14:22, Contact DEV & d'Adam a écrit :
> :-D ok - some improvement on the way...
> Well, -v is ok ,but i'd like to have a .log file with all the messages
> in it for a backup report.
> Any idea ?

may be I don't understand what you want , but
to gather the logs into a logfile,  you just have to redirect the
standard output of each borg command
no?

like that

$BORG create \
      -v --stats \
      $COMPRESSION \
      $BORG_ARCHIVE \
      $REP_ASAUVEGARDER  \
      --exclude '/home/*/.cache' \
      >> ~/BORG/backup.log 2>&1

$BORG prune -v  --list --info --keep-daily=7  --keep-weekly=2 \
       $BORG_REPOSITORY --prefix ${hostname} \
       >>~/BORG/backup.log 2>&1

etc.