[Borgbackup] no dedup

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Wed Jun 14 22:29:47 EDT 2017

> I'm new to borgbackup...

Welcome!

> I tried to rename the vm before create the archive, so they have the
> same name/path into the archive,

Paths do not matter for dedup. Only content does.

Maybe .xva is not a good file format for deduplication?

> Using Attic in the same way I had these results

Attic has a more fine granular deduplication.

You can have that with borg, too (see --chunker-params), but if you do
that, you'll have to live with the consequences:

It will create as many chunks as attic did and will consume lots of
resources to manage them.

> Borg always show me a warning message about pure
> python msgpack and slow performance I installed msgpack coming with
> CentoOs but nothing

Contact the centos msgpack package maintainer, the package obviously
misses the compiled version of msgpack and thus it falls back to the
slower pure-python version.

> Thank you very much to all guys who want help me.

You're welcome.

If you want to help your helpers, try to hit enter more often so that
not all your content ends up in one large line.

Cheers, Thomas

--

GPG ID: 9F88FB52FAF7B393
GPG FP: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747 B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393