[Borgbackup] fuse problem

Adrian Klaver adrian.klaver at aklaver.com
Thu Apr 6 12:42:13 EDT 2017

On 04/06/2017 09:35 AM, Maurice Libes wrote:
> hanks to all answers,

>>> well seen :-) thanks
>>>
>>> now I have the good device...
>>>
>>> root at rancid:~# ll /dev/fuse
>>>
>>> crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 10, 229 Apr  6 15:22 /dev/fuse
>>>
>>> the problem evolves.. it's better but now I have a "permission denied"
>>>
>>> root at rancid:~# borg mount
>>> /mnt/provigo-borg/sauve-bioinfo::bioinfo-2017-04-03 /mnt/borg-restore/
>>>
>>> fuse: mount failed: Permission denied
>>>
>>> I am searching which permission and where
>>
>> My guess is permissions on:
>>
>> /mnt/borg-restore/
>>
> I would have liked
>
> root at rancid:~# ll /mnt/borg-restore/ -d
>
> drwxrwxrwx 2 borg root 4096 Apr  3 09:50 /mnt/borg-restore/
>
> root at rancid:~# borg mount
> /mnt/provigo-borg/sauve-bioinfo::bioinfo-2017-04-03 /mnt/borg-restore/
>
> fuse: mount failed: Permission denied

What are permissions on?:

/mnt/provigo-borg/sauve-bioinfo::bioinfo-2017-04-03

I generally try to stay away from running as root for user applications.
In my case my repos are in directories accessible by my user name
(aklaver) and the mount point I use is in my user directory. I run borg
as the aklaver user.

> I touch a particular case, sorry

I don't know what you mean above?