[Borgbackup] borg cutting off last letter of host for remote repos

Adrian Klaver adrian.klaver at aklaver.com
Fri Feb 10 10:34:48 EST 2017

On 02/10/2017 07:25 AM, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
>> Remote: PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/test_repo'
>
> This isn't related to this "last letter" issue and obviously a
> permission issue on your backup server.

Yeah because it trying to create the directory from root(/).

The host name arkansas is coming from ~/.ssh/config and is an alias for:

Host arkansas
User aklaver
Hostname xxx.xxx.xxx.xx

Using:

ssh://arkansas:test_repo2

form works as it drops directly into my home directory.

Not sure what ssh://arkansas/test_repo is supposed to do?

Though this works:

borg_new init --remote-path /home/aklaver/bin/borg_new ssh://arkansas//home/aklaver/test_repo2

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver at aklaver.com