[Borgbackup] Borg & Maildir

Iain Mac Donald borg at picturenow.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 11:22:24 EST 2016

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 21:12:54 +0530
Sitaram Chamarty <sitaramc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just use a mail client that can detect (and delete) duplicate
> mails.

We all use Claws Mail, which does have a "delete duplicate emails"
tool. I'll give it a try on a test folder and see how it goes. Not
sure I'd like to try that on, for example, my Sent folder which has
more than 50,000 emails (and a few Gig in size).

Ironically, a catastrophic failure, disc failure for instance, is
probably easier to deal with than restoring a few emails. The latter
is the more common occurrence in my experience.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,
Iain.