[Borgbackup] What don't you like about Borg?

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Thu Oct 20 07:40:43 EDT 2016

> Things that annoy me:
>
> - No good desktop GUI (I'm not a good designer, my own attempt kinda
> failed).
> - Sometimes it's slow and it's hard to tell why without knowing a lot
> about internals
> - Error messages are often kinda obscure
> - When used on the command line progress output is often missing (in
> current beta) even with --progress

well I guess borg is best run by a cron job, so progress indicator and/or
GUI doesn't matter to me much.

on the basic feature side i'm missing an indicator that checks if the file
was changed during backup (like tar does).

and different storage backends would be very nice - ssh/borg serve is good
but sometimes all you have is FTP (and ftpfs is ugly...).

Best Regards
 Heiko