[Borgbackup] [IDEA] Add support for external commands

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Sat Oct 1 14:43:54 EDT 2016

> PS: I know we currently can do something like :
> ssh user at host "do-stuff" | borg create /path/to/repo::name
> but this lacks the more thorough controls borg could achieve by wrapping
> all the process.

I just wanted to suggest you just do that.

In general, borg does not try to be a shell / scripting thing /
scheduler / etc.

Just using a shell, script language, cron, etc. is usually better for
this than reinventing this inside borg.

--

GPG ID: 9F88FB52FAF7B393
GPG FP: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747 B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393