[Borgbackup] Partclone, Borgbackup and Random Access?

John McCabe-Dansted gmatht at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 10:15:02 EDT 2016

I wrote a script to backup the used sectors of a device directly to a
compressed image with random access:
  https://github.com/gmatht/joshell/blob/master/scripts/backup2vm
These images provided easy per file access and can be booted in qemu.

It doesn't seem to be possible to do this with partclone and borgbackup,
the closest I can see is to run something like:
  partclone ... | borg create repo::mypart -
which isn't bootable but would be compressed, deduplicated, and shouldn't
use too much space if I also backup files from the partition to the same
borg repo.

Has anyone done anything smarter than this?

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted