[Borgbackup] compatible versions: local borg vs. remote borg?

public at enkore.de public at enkore.de
Mon Jul 11 11:01:09 EDT 2016

Point (bug fix) releases have to stay compatible to their parent
version, ie. all 1.0.x versions have to be compatible (RPC, repository
format, flags and behaviour unless otherwise documented) with each
other, everything else is a regression.

Because 1.0 has been deployed by some service providers we will
generally try very hard to maintain RPC/remote compatibility to 1.0 in
future releases.

If a version breaks compatibility in some aspect we will document it in
the changelog. Interoperability changes may be backported to older
releases as well (which we actually already did in 1.0.4 for future 1.1).

Cheers, Marian

On 11/07/16 09:59, Felix Schwarz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if there is any documentation about version
incompatilities when