[Borgbackup] borgbackup 1.0.5 released

Sitaram Chamarty sitaramc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 20:17:32 EDT 2016

On 07/08/2016 03:30 AM, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/releases/tag/1.0.5
>
> Critical fixes, please upgrade ASAP. Also fixes the FUSE xattr
> regression from 1.0.4.
>
> Please read the changelog before upgrading:
>
> https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/blob/1.0.5/docs/changes.rst

I notice that the changelog entry for this says:

    The best check that everything is ok is to run a dry-run extraction:
        borg extract -v --dry-run REPO::ARCHIVE

Would it be very difficult to add an option to produce sha1 or sha2
checksums of the extracted data, even if it is dry-running?

I'm afraid I don't know enough about the internals to be able to guess
if it's at all doable or not.

regards
sitaram