[Borgbackup] web list of multiple repositories

Anthony Clark aclark at nexient.com
Mon May 23 12:08:08 EDT 2016

Hello All,

First off, I'm liking Borg backup a whole lot.  The disk space savings I'm seeing are wonderful, and the "mount to restore" behaviour is great too.

I am currently backing up from a few dozen hosts to a central backup server.  Each host has its own repository, with one or archives per day.

Has anyone written a read only web interface similar to borgweb that can list multiple repositories on a single host?  I'd like a central location that I can send others to look at to confirm backups are running, and to show non-technical people the high level statistics.

Offtopic:  I'd also like to figure out a good way to check the last time a successful borg backup run happened for a given server (ideally within Zabbix, our monitoring system)

I'm not the best coder out there so rewriting the borgweb interface feels beyond me.  My way of attacking this, if no one else has already, would be to iterate over each repository in /backup and run borg list, capture that output and run borg info on each archive that hasn't been run previously.  (I'm a sysadmin and Puppet code DevOps person, not a programmer!).  Those iterations would spit out basic read only html to be served up by nginx or whatever.  Nothing fancy! :)

Warm Regards,

Anthony Clark

Nexient, providing services for:

ISG DevOps,
Health and Wellness Solutions,
Johnson and Johnson

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.