[Borgbackup] Lock error

public at enkore.de public at enkore.de
Mon May 16 05:16:10 EDT 2016

It can, it just doesn't get there for you because it crashes/locks up.

That's what you want to look into.

- Does it lock up (no further progress, no or little CPU usage)?
- Or does it use CPU but no I/O (at all)?
- If it still uses CPU and I/O, use --progress to see whether it's
actually stuck or just takes some time.

Are things like network mounts in the backup data set? If so, are those
reliable?

About data set size: 2 TB isn't that much, but if it contains many kinds
of data (e.g. an operating system, documents and pictures) it may make
sense to split that into multiple archives (not repos), just to have a
better overview over the backups.

Cheers, Marian