[Borgbackup] borg can't find executable on remote

Steve Schow steve at bstage.com
Wed May 11 18:40:23 EDT 2016

On May 11, 2016, at 3:17 PM, Thomas Waldmann <tw at waldmann-edv.de> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
>> when I attempt to do the following from linux I get error:
>>
>>   borg init me at 192.168.1.50:/Users/me/trial.borg
>>   Remote: bash: borg: command not found
>
> Sounds like the "borg" command is not in the path (or not executable or not readable?).

its definitely in the path, I have that dir in the path of the username being used and I am able to execute it when I login to command line using that user name on the remote machine directly.  the file is readable and executable by all.

is there any reason by borg’s method of calling SSH would not get the user’s env?