[Borgbackup] Collect Backups

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Fri Jan 8 11:53:24 EST 2016

Hi Matze,

> i have a Question.
> When i have Backuprepositorys
> /mnt/borg/::mon
> /mnt/borg/::die
> /mnt/borg/::mi
> /mnt/borg/::do
> /mnt/borg/::fr

Maybe leave away the rightmost "/", it is not needed.

Also, these mon die mi ... things are called archives (== individual
backups), not repositories. The repository is "/mnt/borg".

> Can i collect the 5 Repositories to example /mnt/borg/::week50 ?

Easiest way is to use an ISO datetime string as archive name and use
prune (as seen in the docs).

Be careful when configuring / first using prune, always first use dry
run to see what it would do. There are some useful hints in the docs.

You could also use borg delete and borg rename to deal with the already
existing archives as you like.

> I´ve seen someone with an Borg Hoodie at the Congress.

That was me. :)

Glad that I worked as living advertisement. :D

Cheers, Thomas

--

GPG ID: FAF7B393
GPG FP: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747 B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393