[Borgbackup] conversion from attic to borg

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Fri Dec 4 09:46:46 EST 2015

Antoine Beaupré <anarcat at debian.org> writes:

> On 2015-12-04 09:08:55, Dan Christensen wrote:
>
>> If several client machines access the same repo, do I run it for
>> each of them, or just one of them?
>
> I didn't think of that: i would assume it's enough to run it once.

I read that the upgrade process upgrades the cache as well, so I guess
the other clients that access the same repo won't get their caches
upgraded, and will have to do a full rebuild instead?

>> And presumably it's faster if I run it directly on the machine storing
>> the repo?
>
> I would assume so as well. In fact, I don't know if it's possible at all
> to run it remotely.

In many use cases, the repo will never have been accessed directly from
the machine storing the repo, so there will be no existing cache on that
machine.  Presumably that's not a problem, and one could use the
--no-files-cache option?

Dan