[borgbackup] borgbackup 0.25.0 released

Marc Haber mh+borgbackup at zugschlus.de
Sun Aug 30 16:37:58 EDT 2015

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 03:50:19PM +0200, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> just wanted to tell that there is a fresh release with a lot of
> improvements and fixes:
>
> https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/blob/0.25.0/CHANGES.rst what's new
>
> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/borgbackup/0.25.0 pip package
>
> https://github.com/borgbackup/borg/issues/147 binary wheels (soon)

thanks for keeping the development running. A few questions about
compression: Is there any reason why xz compression is not (yet)
supported? Is the compression done on the client or on the server?

And while I'm asking, are there plans to add a connection scheme that
allows the TCP connection to go from the server (the machine holding
the actual backup) to the client (the machine being backed up)? There
are places with a security policy that says "no connections to the
backup server". One possible solution would be a "ssh
-R10222:localhost:22 client borg create foo" with the repository being
on "localhost:10022" so that the connection from the client to the
server is tunneled through the outgoing ssh session from the server.

Greetings
Marc