[Baypiggies] North Bay Python 2023 is seeking talk proposals! Closes May 19th!

Christopher Neugebauer chrisjrn at chrisjrn.com
Tue Apr 18 11:11:24 EDT 2023

Hello Pythonistas!

North Bay Python is looking for talk proposals for our 2023 conference! Our
event is being held in Petaluma, California (35 miles north of San
Francisco) on July 29th and 30th. We’re looking for talks that will broaden
our audience’s perspective on using Python, making the Python ecosystem
better, and the impact our work has on the world.

This year, we’re hosting a semi-outdoor conference in a barn, on a ranch
just south of the city <https://2023.northbaypython.org/getting-here>.
We’ll be taking COVID precautions, detailed in our Health and Safety Policy
<https://2023.northbaypython.org/health-and-safety-policy>.

Proposals can be submitted any time from today until the end of May 19th
(anywhere on earth).

You can submit a talk on our submissions system at
https://pretalx.northbaypython.org/nbpy-2023/cfp

Our one-track conference consistently draws a diverse audience from
students taking their first steps in Python, through to seasoned
professionals who actually develop the language and frameworks that Python
developers use every day, not to mention people with all levels of
experience in between.

In the past, we’ve had talks about weird uses of Python’s importlib
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wPcR3OWSU8>, distributed systems
programming <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__KXO3jTvNA>, blameless
postmortems <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_nywn1aR44>, making your
environments more welcoming to introverts
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgJ40931e9Y>, how to name things
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqgDijU6kEs>, and many many more
<https://www.youtube.com/@NorthBayPython/videos>. Your talk could be about
any of these topics, or something else you’re passionate about.

If you want to be part of our lineup this year, we want to hear from you!
We’ll be hosting online office hours 1-2 times per week while we’re
accepting submissions, so even if you’re new to presenting at conferences,
we’ll help make sure you’ve got the best shot at your proposal being
accepted. We’ll announce details in the coming weeks.

We can’t wait to hear from you! Submit your talk now, or any time up to May
19th <https://pretalx.northbaypython.org/nbpy-2023/cfp>!

P.S. we’re also looking for sponsors and individual donors, without whom
our mission of putting on an affordable Python event would be impossible.
For more information, check out our sponsorship page
<https://2023.northbaypython.org/sponsor>.

--
--Christopher Neugebauer

Twitter: @chrisjrn -- Signal: Available on request -- IRC: chrisjrn on