[Baypiggies] Whither `python` OR `python2` and `python3`?

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 02:52:50 EDT 2022

Thanks for all the commentary. It's good to see what people are thinking.
It turns out my problem wasn't related to the original "cause" that I
thought. It was the Buildpacks system (how I build containers while
avoiding Docker) that I was using to create the container had
/usr/bin/python as a symlink to... python (not python2 nor python3),
meaning a circular self-referencing... reference. I got the responsible
team to fix that bug so that "python" links to whichever version of Python
is default in that container image, and everything works again.

"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    wesley chun :: @wescpy <http://twitter.com/wescpy> :: Software
Architect & Engineer
    Developer Advocate at Google
<https://cloud.google.com/developers/advocates/wesley-chun/> by day; at