[Baypiggies] 7th Annual PyBay Conference in SF Bay Area wants your Python talk proposals by June 18

Grace Law grace at pybay.com
Mon Jun 13 21:34:48 EDT 2022

Hi Pythonistas,

You probably know this already, but speaking about your open source project
and/or how your team solved challenges at tech conferences is a great way
to:

   -

   Promote your open source project
   -

   Elevate your company's engineering brand
   -

   Attract talent, open source contributors, or customers
   -

   Show off your knowledge and satisfy professional development objectives

👉 Optimize your time by speaking at PyBay2022 <https://pybay.com/>, the
7th annual regional Python conference on September 10. 📝 *Our **call for
talk proposals (CFP) <https://sessionize.com/pybay2022-food-truck-edition/>
closes on June 18! 🎉*

 👉 Please help spread the word by cross posting our call for talks to
relevant developer mailing list 💕🙏🤗

Why PyBay?

   -

   300+ in-person Bay Area Python devs at *OUTDOOR* venue and 100+ global
   audience online
   -

   ~95% in-person attendees from SF Bay Area - want local recruits or
   customers?
   -

   Unlimited worldwide viewers for conference talks on YouTube (17K
   subscribers now)
   -

   Speakers and attendees such as Michael Kennedy and Yury Selivanov say:
   PyBay is the best day in 2021 for me!

👉 Submit your 10-, 25- or 40-mins talk proposal(s) on sessionize now
<https://sessionize.com/pybay2022-food-truck-edition/>

*Bonus**:* If your talk does not get selected for PyBay, we may still
select it for our monthly virtual meetups

 👉 Questions about your talk idea? Email our speaker team James Abel.
 👉 Questions about PyBay, sponsoring
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1i6bcITvxHgXm8KNe3w1BmZW4JtwVxeM_TSvZscNFQQM/edit?usp=sharing>,
or joining the core organizing team <https://pybay.com/faq#faq-21>? I’m an
email or a phone call (650-823-7236) away.

TLDR;

This year, the community is particularly excited about 10-, 25- or
40-minute talks on these themes:

   -

   Python Fundamentals and Popular Python Libraries
   -

   Machine Learning, AI, and All Things Data
   -

   DevOps, Automation, and Testing
   -

   Dealing with Speed, Scale, and Performance
   -

   Hacking Hardware / IOT
   -

   Lessons learned in managing / optimizing a distributed team

The CFP link has more info to help you write a winning proposal, but here
are some PRO TIPS:

   -

   *Get your abstracts in by* *June 18*! You can go through your corporate
   approval process later if your talk is selected.
   -

   *Make clear and direct reference to Python in your abstract *– if
   reference to Python is not obvious, your submission will not be considered.
   -

   Consider your audience. 50% attended identified themselves as mid-level
   devs. 39% senior-level. 25% are women

 👉 Submit your 10-, 25- or 40-mins talk proposal(s) on sessionize now
<https://sessionize.com/pybay2022-food-truck-edition/>  📝 *Our **call for
talk proposals (CFP) closes on June 18! 🎉*

See you in-person this September! FINALLY

Grace Law

PyBay Conference Chair and SF Python Organizer

click
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/selfsched?sstoken=UUx6U2RreFZPczZtfGRlZmF1bHR8MWQwNTVmYmRlYmQ1ZTMyY2JlYjA5MmViYmEyMmRjMzU>
on a slot on my calendar to schedule a meeting

PyBay <https://pybay.com/> and SF Python <https://sfpythonmeetup.com/> is a
volunteer-run organization aiming to foster the Python Community in the Bay
Area.