[Baypiggies] Need help reporting "potential" bug in Python 2.7.13 SimpleXMLRPCServer

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 21:37:05 EDT 2017

Hello,

I've encountered the following exception:"ImportError: DLL load failed:
Invalid access to memory location."

when running a short python app that was bundled into an exe with
Pyinstaller, and when compressed with UPX.

If I remove UPX from the path, rebundle the app with pyinstaller, the
assert does not happen. (This makes me a bit suspicious of a UPX bug
though, but I'm not sure how to proceed)

I've created an account on bugs.python.org, but did not find any references
to this issue.

The good news is that it's very repeatable- in my environment, and that
simply importing
SimpleXMLRPCServer is enough to cause the assertion (along with UPX
compression and bundling with Pyinstaller).

The bad news- I'v enever filed a bug report for Python before, and could
use some help
at bugs.python.org.

I could use some help filing the bug, or getting some additional
information on this issue,

Thanks