[Baypiggies] program for cleantech - various levels

Marla Parker mparker at energy-solution.com
Tue Feb 14 15:13:54 EST 2017

Energy Solutions is hiring python developers.  Most of the Software Engineer 2 job posted on the energy-solution.com/company/careers/ page, in the Information Systems group, is copied below.

It says 3-6 years experience, but we are actually open to more senior staff, also.  If these uncertain times inspire you to do something to "make a difference" during your day job hours, then please consider using your tech skills to help us fight climate change. We are an energy efficiency consultancy with a small software group building web apps to support efficiency and renewable programs developed by the (super awesome) energy geeks in the rest of the company.

With you on our team, we will provide our clients with custom-designed enterprise web applications that are the backbone to some of the nation’s largest renewable and energy efficiency programs, which in turn help reduce greenhouse gas emissions and the carbon footprint of the energy sector. With your outstanding full-stack development skills and our deep experience in the industry, we will build robust, scalable applications and continue to lead the way in developing leading software applications for energy program management and data-driven energy policy.

As part of this team, you will:

Collaborate with your colleagues to create technical and functional project requirements
Review functional requirements and create implementation specifications
Design, develop, and document web-based enterprise software applications
Establish and maintain high quality test procedures
Identify system deficiencies and recommend practical solutions

Minimum Qualifications:

Three to six years of relevant professional experience
Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated, strong experience developing in Python
Fluency working with Django
Comfort working across the full technology stack
Experience writing Javascript; bonus for experience with modern MV* frameworks
Perfectly comfortable at a SQL prompt and a bash prompt

Remote developers may be considered, though it is best if you are close enough to an office (Oakland, Orange, Boston) to go in on a somewhat regular basis.

Bonus book recommendation about this space: The Grid: The Fraying Wires Between Americans and Our Energy Future, by Gretchen Bakke, July 2016.

Marla Parker | Senior Information Systems Manager

mparker at energy-solution.com | (510) 482-4420 x278