[Baypiggies] Help Aes Implementation

Martin Falatic martin at falatic.com
Sun May 15 00:49:06 EDT 2016

Do you require Python 2.5 to make these function? Because I just tried
them and neither seems to work.

openssl enc -aes-256-cbc -in a.pdf -out enc.bin
openssl enc -aes-256-cbc -d -in enc.bin -out b.pdf
AES-1.py -d enc.bin -o c1.pdf
AES-2.py -d enc.bin -o c2.pdf
sha256sum a.pdf b.pdf c1.pdf c2.pdf

openssl works to encrypt (unsalted) to ciphertext and then decrypt the
ciphertext. Neither of the two Python scripts you've provided seem to do
that (though yes, their outputs do differ, neither is the original
plaintext).

So the first question is, what kind of plaintext and AES cipher and
implementation are you benchmarking these two scripts against?

 - Marty