[Baypiggies] Reminder: BayPiggies monthly meeting is this Thursday!

Jeff Fischer jeffrey.fischer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 17:03:47 EST 2016

Thursday, February 25, 2016 Meeting

 Please join us for this month's meeting. From the meetup responses (300
"Yes" RSVPs), it looks like we will have a big turnout!

Topic: Beginners: Use the Stock Market to Learn Python

Speaker: Dan Bikle

Abstract:
This presentation introduces Python to Students. We learn a little about
the topics listed below:

   - Plain Python
   - NumPy
   - Pandas
   - scikit-learn
   - matplot lib
   - Heroku

We build a simple application which completes these tasks once a day:

   - Acquire Stock Market Prices
   - Create Features from Prices
   - Visualize Features
   - Train Logistic Regression Model (1987-2014)
   - Predict 2015 and 2016
   - Visualize Accuracy and Effectiveness of Predictions
   - Serve the Visualizations from Heroku.com

The software behind this application is served from github:
https://github.com/danbikle/pyspy
https://github.com/danbikle/herokuspy

This presentation is served from www.syntax.us:
http://www.syntax.us/posts/python_preso
Feel free to bring your laptop to follow along with the coding. If you have
questions, e-mail Dan: bikle101 at gmail

Speaker:
Dan Bikle is a Data Analysis Programmer

Meetup available to register
BayPiggies has a group on meetup.com: http://www.meetup.com/BAyPIGgies/.
Please RSVP at: http://www.meetup.com/BAyPIGgies/events/228208164/.
Currently, we have reached the full limit of 300 people. If you RSVP'd and
decide not to go, please change your status. Thanks!

Meeting Schedule:

   - *7:00 pm* Networking (note we are starting 30 minutes earlier than the
   January meeting)
   - 7:30 pm Presentation
   - 9:00 pm Event ends

Location:                 LinkedIn

2025 Stierlin Ct., Mountain View, CA (map
<https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2025+Stierlin+Ct.%2C+Mountain+View%2C+CA%2C+us>
)

LinkedIn is graciously providing food and drink!
Meeting Room:       Unite (On the second floor)

As always, everyone is welcome and there is no fee to attend. See
http://baypiggies.net for more about the BayPiggies (Bay Area Python
Interest Group).

For questions about this month's meeting, contact Jeff Fischer (
jeffrey.fischer at gmail.com).