[Baypiggies] pythondev.slack.com for chatting

Karen Dalton kd at karend.net
Tue Feb 2 04:36:03 EST 2016

On a related note...I was thinking tonight, generally...about the Slack
accessibility problem... Slack is great (much better ability to share
code snippets, pin important info, search, notifications [including
offline]) ... but as I and Guido and many others in the world have
experienced...sometimes it is hard to discover how to get
invitations/access to the innumerable Slack channels in the world.

And I happened to serendipitously stumble on this project tonight!

http://rauchg.com/slackin/

Food for thought, anyway. :-)

IRC and freenode are great for (user) findability...but I like Slack
personally a lot better for usability. I don't know who operates the
pythondev slack channel but maybe they would be up for implementing
invitation system as above. Might be a stretch, but I thought I would
pass it along.

-Karen

p.s. I haven't used it personally, but I have been interested in trying
Sameroom (https://sameroom.io)... to accommodate my unfortunately
complicated IRC/Gitter/Slack world of chat clients I need to use daily.