[Baypiggies] Companies moving to Python 3?

Marilyn Davis send2md at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 18:48:59 CEST 2015

In my classes, I am not seeing much movement toward 3.  Companies still
seem to be on 2.  There are a few engineers who want 3 for their own
curiosity, I think, from the responses I get when I ask why.

>From my point of view, 2 is a teaching language, a joy to teach.  Python 3,
not as much.  I don't how I'm going to teach classes (blueprints for
objects) when I have to skip classic classes.

I thought the killer app is Unicode.  I wonder if this list wasn't in
English, in an English-speaking (mostly) country, if we'd be seeing more
Python 3 in action?

Unicode is real important outside of our culture, isn't it?

Marilyn Davis