[Baypiggies] Study Python in Berkeley (Free)

J. Cohen josh at codeselfstudy.com
Wed Aug 12 00:36:23 CEST 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Ashok Chippa <a.n.chippa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi J Cohen,
>
> I'm in South Bay and appreciate pointers to any events happening here.
> Appreciate your help.

You could check out the local groups below. I subscribe to all of them and
filter the messages into a folder. An email filter stars any messages that
contain words like "Python" and other topics that I'm interested in. I get
about 100 emails per day from Meetup.com, but the stars next to interesting
events let me skim the list quickly and delete the rest.

Towards South Bay:
http://www.meetup.com/BayPIGgies/
http://www.meetup.com/silicon-valley-python/
http://www.meetup.com/SV-Python-Workshops/

San Francisco:
http://www.meetup.com/sfpython/
http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Python-Hack-Night/
http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Python-Drinkup/
http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Twisted-Python-Meetup/
http://www.meetup.com/PyLadiesSF/
http://www.meetup.com/The-San-Francisco-Django-Meetup-Group/
http://www.meetup.com/The-San-Francisco-Flask-Meetup-Group/
http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-PyData/
http://www.meetup.com/PHP-Python-Web-Dev-Make-Extra-on-Side-Projects/

East Bay:
http://www.meetup.com/East-Bay-Python-Web-Development/
http://www.meetup.com/codeselfstudy/

(and probably more, if you search Meetup.com for "Python")

We would meet more than twice per week if we had more meeting space. If you
have space available for a programming study session, let me know and the
study group could travel. I'm also happy to cross-post interesting Python
meetups from around the Bay to our meetup group.

You can also show up to our beginning-of-the-month project idea pitches and
end-of-the-month project demos in Berkeley and work on your project(s)
remotely during the rest of the month. We can collaborate in our chatroom,
forum, and with Google Hangouts.

Josh