[Baypiggies] Update - Meetup Friday 12/5 @ 6:30PM - 9:00PM in East Bay, Albany

Richard Gordon richard at yakitome.com
Wed Nov 26 01:18:14 CET 2014

Hi Bay Area Piggies:

Web2py is a powerful, python web development framework that, unlike Ruby
and Django, do not require learning additional languages other than
python and the usual suspects: html, css, and javascript. This reduction
in languages makes for rapid development and prototyping. Web2py has
received web awards, has a thriving community, is well documented, and I
vouch for it (for whatever that's worth).

Anyway, I am hosting the original founder of web2py, Massimo Di Pierro
to meet, greet and presentthe latest info on web2py. There will be two
other talks:
- Dexter Hadley, Md/PhD from Stanford University Division of Systems
Medicine Department of Pediatrics on using web2py to crowd source
disease signatures from open funcitonal genomics data.
- Richard Gordon, MSEE Stanford University and Super YAK at YAKiToMe! on
building YAKiToMe.com with Web2py.
Both these technical talks will cover some history and experience with
what works and possibly what could be improved in web2py.

Details follow: