[Baypiggies] Baypiggies Meeting Tonight @LinkedIn - Computing Document Similarity using NLTK

John Wegis jwegis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 00:34:08 CET 2014

Hello Everyone,

Our presentation tonight will be: "Computing Document Similarity using
NLTK" by Harshvardhan (Hersh) Kelkar.

*Location:*

*LinkedIn Corporation2061 Stierlin Ct (aka Bldg 6)Room - Neon
CarrotMountain View, CA 94043*

*Abstract:*
*We will explore techniques to determine the amount of similarity between
documents. Specifically we will look at the intuition behind tf-idf and
cosine similarity. With that as a foundation we will see how to compute
these metrics with the natural language tool kit.*

*Speaker:*
*Harshvardhan Kelkar is a Software Engineer at Martini Media Inc. where he
builds software for the Display Advertising Industry. Prior to that he
worked at BMC Software on building the next generation Remedy Platform. He
also likes the *
*zen of python. (import this)*

*Meeting ScheduleThe meeting begins @ 7:30PM.The main presentation will
start @ 7:40 PM, after the usual announcements.If you wish to post jobs