[Baypiggies] Job Posting

Lauren Titterud lauren at eventbrite.com
Fri Feb 28 06:35:12 CET 2014

Hello!

I would like to request to post one of our career opportunities. The hiring
manager is the co-founder of Django and a Director of Engineering at
Eventbrite.

Please find the job description below:

Senior Software Engineer - Architecture

At Eventbrite, we are building technology to effortlessly create, manage,
discover and attend live events. We are growing rapidly and are looking for
outstanding software engineers to help our architecture team build and
design for the next generation of our development platform.

Eventbrite is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join
our architecture team! The architecture team is responsible for
Eventbrite's public API, as well as designing and building core frameworks
and services to help Eventbrite scale and improve the agility of our other
development teams.

Our ideal candidate thrives on finding elegant solutions to complex
problems and brings a deep understanding of engineering for the web and
building for scale, in terms of traffic, team size and codebase complexity.
Eventbrite's primary stack includes Python, Django, Redis, MySQL,
Cassandra, HBase, Hive and AWS.

If you are an experienced engineer who wants to help take our architecture
and engineering to the next level, read on!

*You Will:*

   - Expand and improve Eventbrite's internal Service Oriented Architecture
   framework
   - Work with other product teams to design SOA services that can support
   Eventbrite's continuing growth and enable future feature development
   - Design and build the next generation of Eventbrite's public API
   - Evaluate and integrate new technologies into Eventbrite's development
   platform
   - Provide coaching and mentorship to other members of Eventbrite's
   engineering team

*You Bring:*

   - Strong knowledge of several programming languages, including Python.
   Experience with Django is a bonus
   - In-depth SQL database experience
   - In-depth knowledge and experience of Unix-like operating systems
   - Understanding and basic experience of at least one NoSQL database
   - 1+ years experience working on a high-volume/high-availability
   transaction-based website (ideally LAMP-stack)
   - Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture concepts
   - Deep understanding of web protocols and technologies such as HTTP,
   JSON and XML
   - Understanding of Web APIs, including OAuth and REST
   - Experience working with non-technical stakeholders to extract and
   refine technical requirements and use them to deliver and maintain a
   working system
   - Strong written and verbal communication skills
   - Experience with Test-Driven Development
   - Working knowledge of front-end technologies (HTML5, CSS, Ajax,
   JavaScript)
   - Background in Computer Science preferred

To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter through this link:
https://hire.jobvite.com/j?cj=oPVoYfwQ&s=BayPiggies

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do to post this job
opportunity!

Cheers,
Lauren

--

*Lauren Titterud*
*Technical Recruiter* *|* (415) 694-7938 *|