[Baypiggies] request for opinions re python-web server-database

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Thu Apr 17 17:20:19 CEST 2014

I don't know if I didn't see the other messages or if they came in while I was writing mine (slowly on iPhone will still laying in bed).

But, I read some great recommendations and update my suggestion -- from nginx to gunicorn (great robust but simple solution).

This micro stack recommendation most of us reverberate on seems perfect. The only thing not really considered that may need more thought -- security

We have a LAMP stack. Someone make up a catchy name for micros tack :)

LAMP:

Linux:
Apache (I prefer nginx)
MySQL (I prefer Postgres)
PHP (I prefer Python)

Microstack:
OS: Linux
Web server: Gunicorn (other variants here)
Framework: flask / bottle (other flavors)
Database: SQLite
Language: Python (of course)

Is "microstack" very helpful? LGBSP doesn't spell anything cool.

What would the generic (non specific stack) (like the OSI network stack look like/be called)?

Later 5: programming language
Layer 4: framework
Layer 3: database
Layer 2: web server
Layer 1: operating system

OWDFP .. It is kinda sing songy enough to remember. What does your OWDFP stack look like?

Word plays off of LAMP where LAMP is a subset? Torch, bulb, ???

OWDFP it is until someone can come up with something catchier...

Glen